Different Kind of Oatmeal
It’s is not your regular, run-of-the-mill bowl of oatmeal. This recipe makes about 1/2 cup, which may be considered a small portion, but I find it to be just right. It’s easy to simply double the recipe, if you prefer.
The recipe calls for canned pear, but of course, nothing beats fresh fruit, so if you have any ripe pears, by all means, use them instead.
OATS AND CORNMEAL HOT BREAKFAST
makes 1 serving
- 3 tbsp quick cooking oats
- 1 tbsp coarsely milled cornmeal
- 2.5 tbsp mashed sugar-free canned pear
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze (or any light vanilla soy milk)
- sugar substitute of your choice to taste (I use 3 packets of Sun Crystals)
- 2 dashes cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 sprays I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter spray
- Combine ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Cook for a few minutes, until thick and creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl, sprinkle with a little cinnamon and enjoy!
– If you don’t have ICBINB spray, you can use the tip of a butter knife to add a small sliver of normal light margarine- or just skip the butter altogether.
– Adjust the consistency of it by adding a teaspoon or two of water, depending upon how liquid you like your oatmeal.